Skip to main content


Obtaining your license for dental hygiene after graduation is a process that varies from state to state.  Most states typically require proof of graduation (often in the form of a transcript) and often require additional letters of proof for anesthesia/nitrous oxide certification.  If you are a UCDH graduate and need to obtain a transcript/letter for licensing, please click the following link to fill out the Transcript Request Form.
No transcripts/letters/forms can be processed until this form is completed and the associated fee is paid. 

Licensing requirements for each state are subject to change. It is encouraged that you research which states you are seeking licensure in and review specific, current requirements for obtaining a license. Some states have regulations for individuals with criminal records, which may hinder your ability to be licensed.

To become licensed following gradutation from UCDH, you will need to take one or more board exams to be certified as a Dental Hygienist.  Common agencies for the board exams include WREB and CDCA.  UCDH hosts both these exams immediately following graduation. 

The program at UCDH meets licensure requirements in the following States: Utah. For more information regarding Utah licensure requirements, visit the Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (DOPL) web-site:

UCDH is unable to make a determination that its curriculum will meet every state's educations requirements for licensure or certification.

If you have any further questions regarding licensure for a specific state, please contact the respective state dental board.